Terms and Conditions
- In case of unavailability of tram(s) booked, Hong Kong Tramways, Limited reserves the right to offer the next available tram(s) of similar type.
- If the Hirer is late to pick-up the tram(s) or there is severe traffic congestion along the agreed route, Hong Kong Tramways, Limited reserves the right to shorten the route in accordance with hiring time or additional fee may be charged.
- This is private hire. No promotional activities, publicity, filming or any other activities / announcement to public is allowed to be carried out or performed on or inside the tram(s).
- The nature of this hire shall not be a cause of embarrassment to Hong Kong Tramways, Limited. Nor shall it be of immoral, defamatory, offensive or political flavor.
- The nature of this hire is only for private party purpose. No activities other than private nature shall be carried out without prior written permission of Hong Kong Tramways, Limited. Hong Kong Tramways, Limited shall be entitled to prohibit any activities to be carried out on the tram which is not previously permitted by Hong Kong Tramways, Limited.
- No petition or any other related activities is allowed during the tram tour or inside the tram depot;
No media should be involved during the tram tour unless prior written permission of Hong Kong Tramways, Limited is obtained;
No loud-hailer is allowed to be brought on board the tram(s); No announcement or shouting to the public during the tram tour is allowed;
No ceremony should be done inside the tram depot or tram station or on the tram(s); No banners, posters or signboards are allowed to be affixed, displayed or exhibited inside, on or outside the tram(s);
No promotion or any other decoration materials related to political flavor should be brought onto the tram(s);
No distribution of any promotional materials (whether to the passengers or to the public) during the tram tour is allowed.
- Pornographic materials / matters are not allowed to be brought on the tram(s).
- The hirer and the guests are only allowed to stay at the Hill Road entrance for getting on the tram(s) and are not allowed to enter any area inside the tram depot without permission.
- The hirer and the guests are not allowed to enter the tram depot after completion of the tram hire.
- The hirer and the guests must refrain from any acts that are either dangerous, illegal or offensive to people or property.
- In case of interference to the public for safety reasons, Hong Kong Tramways, Limited shall be entitled to stop the tram tour immediately and shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the hirer and / or the guests in relation thereto.
- Personal possessions are carried at the passengers' own risk.
- In case of any breach of the terms of this contract by the hirer and / or the guests, Hong Kong Tramways, Limited shall be entitled to stop the tram tour at any time and / or demand any of the hirer and / or the guests to leave the tram(s) without refund of the fee paid. Hong Kong Tramways, Limited shall also be entitled to claim against the hirer and / or the guests for any loss expenses or damages to be suffered or sustained due to such breach.
- No claims and compensation should be made against Hong Kong Tramways, Limited in case of any facilities provided for hiring are not available.
- The maximum capacities of an antique tram and a passenger tram are 30 and 40 persons respectively; no excess capacity is allowed.
- Hong Kong Tramways, Limited is not responsible for any death, injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity caused to or suffered by the hirer and / or the guests as a result of:
Payment is non-refundable under all circumstances except when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above or Red or Black Rain Storm Warning Signal is issued during any time on the booked date and before the commencement of the hiring period. In such event, this hire shall be cancelled automatically and the hirer may elect either to collect the refund of the hiring fee or reschedule the booking within 3 months.
Please refer to the e-mails and / or brochures circulated to you separately for rules and regulations concerning tram hire.
- - any defect of the tram(s), Government restriction, traffic road accident, or road diversion; or
- - sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine, diversion to the agreed route or any other causes; or
- - the act or default of any company or person carrying out any services or arrangements of any hire / tour; or
- - any fault which is not caused by Hong Kong Tramways, Limited; or
- - entering Whitty Street Tram Depot for decoration, food preparation or any other reasons; or
- - damage or loss of any equipments or belongings left on the tram(s) after all guests leave upon tour completion.